Jay Goldman will be speaking about “10 tips to surviving a career in photography: 20 years in the trenches.”
What are the top 3 things I want attendees to take from my presentation?
1. I certainly want the attendees who get up early for my presentation to be entertained for an hour.
2. I want the attendees to be inspired to step outside their comfort zone, and to try some other things to prevent the ” wedding photographer burn-out.”
3. I want attendees to leave with some new ideas on what to bring and how to prepare for a photo shoot.
My favorite thing about PartnerCon LA is:
The size of it. It’s not too large where it’s totally overwhelming, and still has enough variation in the presentation topics to appeal to people at all levels. The feeling of community is amazing, you get to share with other photographers in the industry who are using Pictage to take care most of their production.
The best advice that I can give someone who has never attended a ParterCon is:
Seating is limited, so reserve early. Egos are checked at the door, and you will have the opportunity to hear from some of the top talent in the industry. If you only get one thing from each session, that’s 9 new ideas and tips that will help you sustain and grow your photography business.
Besides your own presentation who would you like to hear?
If I could, I would clone myself twice, so that I could go to all the presentations. I can only write about the people that I’ve seen before.
1. If you have never seen Joe Buissink, he is a must see just for his sheer passion about wedding photography and chance to see some of his amazing work.
2. Robert Evans has great ideas for educating your couple to get more out of their photographer, which in turn will give you the opportunity to shoot better images.
3. Jules Bianchi, and Liana Lehman are polished speakers each with their own personal style along with incredible images and are in high-demand.
4. Sara France’s presentation is a must for any Mac Addict like myself.
5. Carlos Baez is a lighting master, and will open up his magic box of high-fashion lighting techniques. You can totally spice up your wedding shots with some of his set-ups.
6. Mike Colón is an inspiration if you are just starting out. He will show you how hard work and vision can catapult a career.
7. Dane Sanders is one of the most prolific speakers out there, he really cares about the industry as a whole and has been one of the most influential photographers online over the past few years as far as sharing information.
8. I’m also looking forward to hearing J Sandifer speak about branding for the first time.