What Personal Information Does ShootQ display or Collect?
The information we collect enables us to personalize and improve our services, and to allow you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other Photographers and End Users through shootq.com. In connection with shootq.com, we may request and display some personal information to other users and visitors of shootq.com, which allows Photographers and End Users to identify, interact, and contract with each other. We collect the following types of information from our users:
Personal Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on shootq.com or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, gender, e-mail address, cell phone number, occupation, hometown, college, personal interests, and information about your use of the services on shootq.com. You may also store your availability information, rates, previous experience, and other information related to your business on ShootQ. You may choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as responding to your requests for certain information, products and services, customizing the advertising and content you see, communicating with you about specials and new features, improving our services, and connecting Photographers with End Users. You may modify or remove your personal information at any time by logging into your account and accessing features to edit your profile and account information.
Personal Information Collected Automatically:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with shootq.com or obtain services from us. ShootQ automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, ShootQ cookie information, and the page you requested. We also record the details of your transactions on shootq.com.
- Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site and its components, similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show. ShootQ only uses this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often users use parts of shootq.com or services so that we can make shootq.com appealing to as many users as possible, and improve those services. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our users, collectively, use our site. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their services and shootq.com, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience. Again, ShootQ never discloses aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
We often receive a confirmation when you open an e-mail from ShootQ if your computer supports this type of program. ShootQ uses this confirmation to help us make e-mails more interesting and helpful. We also compare our user list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our users.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people.
Will ShootQ Share Any of the Personal Information it Receives?
Personal Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information only as described below.
In order to allow Photographers to provide services to End Users, we share relevant personal information to facilitate, advertise, and make interactions more efficient. In particular, if a Photographer is unable to provide services to an End User who has requested services, so long as the Photographer has obtained consent to share the End User’s information with other Photographers, the Photographer may share the End User’s contact information with other Photographers via ShootQ who may be available to provide those services.
Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control:
We anticipate that we may become affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses may operate stores at shootq.com or sell items to you through shootq.com. In other situations, ShootQ may provide services, or sell products jointly with affiliated businesses. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and if you engage in it, we will share user information that is related to such transactions with that affiliated business.
We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Examples include sending email, analyzing data, billing, and providing user services. Unless we tell you differently, ShootQ’s agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
User profile information including user ID and location may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within shootq.com.
Communication in response to User Submissions:
As part of shootq.com and Services, you may receive from ShootQ and other users e-mail and other communication relating to your account. You acknowledge and agree that by opening your account, ShootQ and other users may send you e-mail and other communication that they determine in their sole discretion relate to your User Submissions.
We may send offers to certain users on behalf of other businesses. However, when we do so, we do not give the other business your name and address. If you do not wish to receive these offers, please send us an email to unsubscribe.
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if ShootQ, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that ShootQ goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquiror may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
Protection of ShootQ and Others:
We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law; enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of ShootQ, our employees, our users, or others. This includes, without limitation, exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
With Your Consent:
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be given the option to prevent the sharing of this information.
Is Personal Information About me Secure?
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily post information to public areas on shootq.com or any other public forums, such information can be accessed by the public.
What Personal Information Can I Access?
ShootQ allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information. This list will change as shootq.com changes. You may currently access the following information:
- account information
- user profile
- user preferences
- name, email address, phone number, physical address, event date(s)
What Other Choices Do I Have?
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, even though it may be needed to take advantage of certain ShootQ features.
- You are able to add or update certain information on pages, such as those listed in the “What Personal Information Can I Access” section above. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may request deactivation of your account and deletion of personally identifiable information in your account by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Please note that when your personally identifiable information is deleted we no longer have the availability to send you information or payments. Additionally, some of your information may remain in our records after deactivation of your account.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy at shootq.com, please send us a detailed message to firstname.lastname@example.org.