Album design is the one task that I absolutely dread. And when I say dread, I mean loathe. I bet many of you can relate. I avoid album design like the plague.
Before we joined Pictage, I spent hours laying wedding photos out on blank pages, nudging them a little bit to the left or right, cropping a tad here or there. It was tedious; it was a massive time suck! I knew something had to change.
Then, I heard about Pictage’s free album design service from a friend. I was intrigued, but skeptical. First I thought, “Is this for real? For $49 per month, I get unlimited album designs and access to purchase directly through national album companies?” Immediately, I thought, “No way!” But if it were true, I was ready to sign up right then and there.
So that evening, I signed up for the free trial. I watched a few quick tutorials and I was on my way to a happier, album-design free life! Now, all I have to do is upload photos to an event, place them in a folder, and click “free album design.” Within a few business days, the design is ready, and I send a link to the client to view their album online. Magic! The service completely pays for itself, and saves me days and days of album design work and frustration.
But I can’t stop there. There are other great benefits of the free album design service that help us better serve our clients and grow our business. Here are just a few that I jotted down:
• If our clients have any revisions, I can hop into the Album Designer program and make changes in a snap. Swap a photo, delete a page, add a picture here or there – it’s super easy!
• Not only am I avoiding spending hours on album design, but I can repurpose those hours and focus on other areas of our business: working on client projects, shooting, business building, networking, blogging, etc.
• Pictage’s album designers are professionals; they create amazing designs that our clients love. Their expertise far succeeds mine. Designs we deliver to clients are better than what we could create ourselves!
• We have options to purchase albums from national companies.
• Tons of options are available to purchase albums of various sizes, covers, paper, etc.
• It’s simply convenient!
Using an album design service has saved me hours, and has enabled us to deliver professional, high-quality, customized albums to our clients in an amazingly affordable way. It literally took the pain out of album design and allowed us to refocus our energies on other areas of our photography business that needed attention.
About Kathleen and Joe