My first week at Pictage, I spent most of my day browsing the Pictage Forums trying to get a feel for Pictage and Pictage photographers. As I read thread after thread I was amazed at the sincere community that was available within the forums. I noticed the questions posted, the instant genuine responses, the ability to candidly share to a group of people that truly understand, the opportunity to showcase images with peers as they critique and affirm, and so much more.
I learned later that the Pictage Forums are designed to let you learn, network, and grow within your community and industry. They are convenient, insightful, and beneficial to all members, whether just starting out or seasoned veterans. As a member of the Pictage Community, you have this incredible resource and I encourage you to join and actively participate in these forums.
Many of our members aren’t fully aware of what the forums have to offer and exactly how they can benefit you and your business. All of the options can be a bit overwhelming so I’ve outlined some of the various features and even have testimonials some of our active participants.
WHAT’S AVAILABLE …
- Advice on almost anything you could imagine…really.
- 2nd shooters (even free ones). Critiques on websites, logos, branding, and much more!
- Our Pro Consultants run the monitored section. It’s just another way to get your questions answered.
- Used gear – buy and sell equipment in our Classified forum.
- Recommendations on equipment, vendors, services, and even how to deal with some sticky situations.
WHAT YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW…
- Jim Collins, our CEO posts almost every day. If you have something to say, he’s there to listen.
- There is a Pictage Product Update forum. This section is the first place our product team announces updates, beta versions, and the need for feedback.
WHAT ARE THE FORUM BEST PRACTICES?
1. Subscribe: You will then be notified via email with a list of new posts and threads daily, weekly, or monthly.
· Go to the General section of the forums or individual posts.
· Click forum tools and scroll to subscribe to this thread/forum.
· Chose how often you want to be emailed with updates.
2. Check out New Posts: At the top of the page, click new posts or today’s posts (under quick links) to see what’s being said in the most recent conversations.
3. Use the search function: At the top, right corner of every thread and or forum, you can search this thread.
4. Update your avatar: We’re visual people! We want to see what you look like.
WHAT’S GOING ON TODAY…
Ta-da! The last pricing formula you’ll ever need…
How important is your blog now that there is Facebook craze going on?
What do you wear to a black tie wedding?
We’re taking care of your customer with an additional 8×12
STILL NOT CONVINCED, DON’T TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT…
“I started to read the forums and was very quickly intimidated at how much knowledge and experience the regular contributors seemed to have. So I read and read and learned a lot but didn’t feel comfortable enough to post. One day I decided to come out of my shell and introduced myself, told everyone a little bit about me, put up a picture of myself, and thanked everyone for sharing so much. Even if they didn’t know they were helping me a reader who had never posted, I found so much of what was shared invaluable. I truly believe that Pictage and especially the forums are the main reason my business took off so quickly once I decided to really pursue shooting weddings, and for that I am truly thankful”.
-Shawn Reeder, Shawn Reeder Photographer & Music
Pictage Member Since 2006
“I would say the forums have been one of the most important keys to the success and growth of my business and my photography as an art form.
It’s through the Pictage forums that I have met and formed amazing friendships with other photographers. The friends I have made by being an active part of the community are absolutely priceless. This network of photographers and the Pictage staff have not only been a huge support, they are family. I can imagine no better place to find encouragement and motivation. I honestly don’t know where I would be as a person, an artist and a business woman without this amazing community, it really does
mean the world to me”.
-Sarah Hodzic, Blink Photography
Pictage Member Since 2007
HOW TO GET STARTED?
Go to forums.pictage.com and log in. Don’t know your username or password? Email email@example.com. Be sure to use the same email that you used when signing up.
Written By: Elizabeth Villa (Pictage Blog Team)